From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying user popup

When mousing over a username, we get that frameless popup that always seems to be in the way.

In recent days it has become even more annoying, because if often seems to permanently stick around and no longer disappears when moving the mouse elsewhere, covering potentially interesting information. (I am using Chrome)

Please either get rid of it or add a profile option to disable it. (is there?). Feels like I constantly need a fly swatter.

Message 1 of 27
(4,418 Views)

I agree with Christian: please remove those popups! They are just annoying!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(4,396 Views)

Yup super annoying and when they block part of the screen I want to read I have a tough time getting rid of them some times.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(4,392 Views)

We even get it if we are already on the user profile when hovering over the picture.

Seems redundant and silly!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(4,383 Views)

Hello Team,

Thank for you for your feedback.

The Community team will take a look into this and discuss your request.

We will keep you updated.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(4,380 Views)

It is even more annoying on mobile where it covers a large percentage of the screen.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(4,378 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

We even get it if we are already on the user profile when hovering over the picture.

For some reason, this only seems to happen on my own profile (where it is even less useful! I definitely don't want to send myself a message or view my profile. I am already on my profile!)

If I hover over the picture on the profile of others, the popup does not seem to show. Can anyone verify that?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(4,363 Views)

Hi Christian,

I see the same behaviour: popup on my own profile avatar image, but not on yours…

Side note: the mouse pointer changes too, when hovering over my avatar image (from pointer to hand), but not on yours.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 8 of 27
(4,349 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

I see the same behaviour: popup on my own profile avatar image, but not on yours…

Thanks for testing. Yes, it makes little sense the way this is implemented ...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(4,345 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

For some reason, this only seems to happen on my own profile (where it is even less useful! I definitely don't want to send myself a message or view my profile. I am already on my profile!)

If I hover over the picture on the profile of others, the popup does not seem to show. Can anyone verify that?

I tried this out on your profile when I first read this topic, and didn't see the window.  I brushed it off as maybe something Chrome was doing that Firefox wasn't. 

However, after this post, I can confirm that I see it on my own profile and not yours.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 10 of 27
(4,334 Views)