FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving a license to another computer

I need some help, please.  I have been using NI Configurator and Monitor 4.0 in my computer with Windows XP and a PCMCIA card, but it crashed and I had to get a new computer.  It has Windows 7 Pro and no slot for a PCMCIA.  What do I need to do to transfer my programs and license etc. to the new computer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,770 Views)

Hi DSL2,

Win7 support has been added since NI-FBUS 4.0.1. It's a free to upgrade to if you are using 4.0. So supported platform wise, no problem.

Regarding license, please first deactivate NI-FBUS Configurator and Monitor on your old computer, and then activate corresponding software on the new one using the same serial number.

If you do not have internet connection for the machine you are activating, you need to send your SN as well as your computer ID (displayable in NI License Manager) to fieldbus.support@ni.com for the activation codes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,763 Views)

Thanks, but a couple of questions/problems. 

1st - I can't uninstall, because the computer motherboard is toast.  They were able to save the hard drive, so I have a copy of the programs that I downloaded originally. 

2nd - my system was set up to use a PCMCIA card and the new computer only has USB. 

3rd - can I trade my PCMCIA card in on a USB?

4th - what is the best way to get the upgrade, given the above?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,748 Views)

Hi DSL2,

1. It's no problem that you didn't uninstall. A SN can be used on 3 machines and only one of them can be used at the same time.

2 & 3, Please contact your local NI sales for this proposal. 

4. Here is link to 4.0.1.  Installing this version directly should be good.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,736 Views)