From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8486 with API

Hello Evervybody

If I buy the USB FF Interface from NI, is there a software api (*dll) included that I can access a configed block parameter in a specific

H1 device. The network is allredy config.

Second question, is also a Communication thisout an link active scheduler possible.

Thanks

DH

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,813 Views)

Hello If I read the help files correctly

I can use NI-FBUS Communications Manager without an activation. And I can use the NI-FBUS interface device drivers and APIs to access H1 network.

Please correct me if I wrong.

Best rgards,

DH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,811 Views)

Hi,

1. there are API's in C, VB, C#, and LabVIEW, which come along with the installation of NI-FBUS Communication Manager (CM), which is free of charge.

You can use any of these API's to access block parameters as you mentioned.

Still please be noted, LabVIEW offers more advanced functions compared to other API's. Detailed information as to what functions are offered can be found here and LabVIEW help.

2. If I get your meaning of the second questions correctly - "is also a communication without an link active scheduler possible?", the answer is yes. In our case, after configuration of the H1 network, you can remove USB-8486 from the network.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,804 Views)