From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMAR IDF302

Solved!
Go to solution

Will NI-FBUS Configurator work with a SMAR IDF302? I haven't found any specfic DDs? I would like to avoid using the SMAR System320/SYSCON software. The IDF302 bridge has a 10 MPS Eithernet and RS232 port.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(9,663 Views)

Hi RRoss,

I did a quick search and was not able to find any at fieldbus.org here either.

If it's truely not registered at fieldbus.org, it lacks a guarantee of interoperability (ITK, etc.), but NI-Configurator does NOT need it to be able to work with the device.

You may try to download the DD file from this manufacturer SMAR (which needs login) and it should be able to work with NI-FBUS Configurator.

Message 2 of 5
(9,648 Views)

For our products we are using Fieldbus International (FINT) hardware with the NI stack. They did the ITK testing and should be getting certification soon. ID=0002200001:SIERRA_MOD   However this is not really my question. I have a SMAR System 302 DF-51 that I would like to re-use as a LAS for our production department. I would rather use the NI Fbus Configuratior than SMAR Syscon. It appears to me the SMAR DF-302 uses Ethernet connection to the host PC that is not FF HSE. In order to use NI-Fbus Configurator I would need something like NI-Fbus Com Mgr for the SMAR DF-51. In other words a driver.

Message 3 of 5
(9,246 Views)

Hi RRoss,

NI-FBUS Configurator supports HSE linking device, and CN2FF interfaces (ControlNet to Foundation Fieldbus) (only up to version 3.2.3). 

I think if the system does not use HSE, a driver to make it support HSE is beyond NI's reach. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(9,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RRoss

Ok, thanks. I'll just have to use SMAR configurator software.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(9,225 Views)