FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCMCIA card not detected

Greetings all. I am using a Dell Latitude D630 RUNNING xp sp3 with a PCMCIA-FBUS Series 2 card. I have been using version 3.2.3 of Configurator and Communication Manager with no issues. At this time, I need to update to a newer version of the software due to some requirements surrounding the device it is connected to. Namely, some new firmware. When connecting to this device now, the Fieldbus server crashes and the interface shows a red circle with line through. According to R&D, they say I probably need the latest version of the Fieldbus software. I have tried version 4.01, version 4.1, and version 14. All of them install fine, but the PCMCIA card is not detected. When I check in device manager, it shows the following error: " Windows cannot start this device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)." My boss has just approved the purchase of the 8486 module to see if that will work. I would still like to figure this out though. Can anyone provide some guidance or suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,915 Views)

Hi Dragonrider,

According to the error, perhaps there are some malfunction for the PCMCIA-FBUS Series 2 card. If so, you need to contact to your sales for repair(RMA). However I have some questions need to confirm with you firstly.

1. You said you “need to update to a newer version of the software". What do you mean the software? Only NI-FBUS? LabVIEW? Or other software?

2. When do you ask for NI R&D about this question?

3. Can you find the PCMCIA-FBUS Series 2 card in NI-FBUS Interface Configuration Utility?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,907 Views)