From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-FBUS Configurator 4.1.0.49152 + USB-8486: High delay between consecutive write actions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

imagine a case where you have a (transducer) block with at least around 12 parameters all of which have both read and write access:

PARAMETER_1

PARAMETER_2

PARAMETER_3

PARAMETER_12

PARAMETER_13

When editing two of these parameters which do not "reside in close neighborhood" (like PARAMETER_1 and PARAMETER_12) and then writing them down via "Write Changes" in the block view I observe, that there is a high delay between the write access for the first and second parameter (up to several seconds).

Since I am device developer I can see this during device debugging.

Can this delay be avoided?

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike_Al

Hi Mike,

1. Try to uncheck the "Period Update" box in the upper left conner of the Block view. It's possible that this caused a conflict with your read/write action.

2. Which kind of device are you using that you are having this issue with? Have you try it on other devices? Just in case the extra long delay was caused by the device.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,411 Views)

Hi Lewis,

I have switched of the periodic update and it seems that now there is no significant delay anymore.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,406 Views)