From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE COMUNICATION IN THE NI-8486

WHEN I PLUG ALL THE WIRES IN THE FIELDBUS SEGMENT AND WHEN I PLUG THE NI USB 8486 TO THE COMPUTER IT SHOWS ME A PROBLEM ABOUT NO DEVIDE FOUND AND I AM RUNING THE NI INTERFACE COMUNICATOR WHAT IS THE ANSWER ABOUT.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(11,250 Views)

I'm not sure I fully understand you.

What do you mean by "no devide(sic) found"? You mean you could not find USB-8486 or other H1 devices in the network?

You can show me a screenshot of the error message.

You also need to make sure that you have connected the wire to a powerhub correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(11,243 Views)

i mean your second answer i plugged the usb and its recognized by the computer but when i am using the software to search a device like a DVC6200 from fisher it cant be recognized by the way so i dont know what to do, because when i plugged a DVC with communication hart it appears in the display but when i am trying with a foundation fielbus protocol it cant work wit the NI8486 so i will upload an image to solve this problem thanks a lot for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(11,228 Views)

"when i am using the software to search a device like a DVC6200 from fisher it cant be recognized" - I wonder how you did this exactly.

Your description seems to me that you do not yet know how NI-FBUS works. I recommand that you try to follow the documents which have walk through for setting up a correct connection.

Or, go here for NI-FBUS Hardware and Software User Manual, and here for NI-FBUS Configurator User Manual.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(11,221 Views)

HERE YOU HAVE THE CONECTION WIRE FROM A PEPPER MODULE TO A DVC FROM FISHER I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LOT OF TROUBLES WITH THE COMUNICATION DEVICE.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(11,209 Views)

Hi JAUREGUI_HELIO,

From your second photo, I wonder how you connected USB-8486 into the network, since I don't know what it is. You need to connect it into the H1 network through a power hub, rather than right onto certain device.
If what the first photo shows is a power hub, then you should connect it to a free port on that device.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(11,192 Views)

Hi JAUREGUI_HELIO,

How's this issue going? If it still doesn't work, you can provide me with the type of the device in the first photo for me to check. Currently I cannot be sure of its usage. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(11,168 Views)

the model in the first photo is KLD2-pc-1.1.IEC brand PEPPERL+FUCHS i will be waiting for your answer and i will thank you this.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(11,158 Views)

KLD2-pc-1.1.IEC is indeed a power hub. Have you tried to connect USB-8486 to it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(11,152 Views)

can you help me to plug correctly the power hub to the fieldbus device.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(11,146 Views)