05-14-2012 06:53 PM
I just realized that I need a 2nd PC to run NI-monitor with my configurator running at the same time.
so I set up PC2 and bought another USB-8486. After installing the software and hardware driver,
I tried to run CM in PC2, however, it gave me an error message with saying that there is a conflict in the network.
Could I get some idean how to launch the configurator and the monitor at the same time with two desktops ?
Thank you, Have a great day !
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-14-2012 09:14 PM
Glad to hear from you again.
First of all, let me give you the steps on how to use Monitor.
1. Start the NI-FBUS Interface Configuration Utility.
2. In the configuration window, select the port you want to configure and click the Edit button.
3. Select Monitor for the Usage.
4. Click the OK button.
Your software is configured.
Then to be clear, Configurator relies on Communications Manager (CM). While Monitor is a separate software which doesn't rely on CM at all.
So to run ICU, you need to close CM first. And to run Configurator and Monitor you need to configure the interface first.
For your implementation to run Configurator and Monitor at the same time, there are two solutions.
1. you could run Configurator and Monitor at the same time on the same laptop too. In this solution, you need two USB-8486 and to configure one of them to Monitor Usage.
2. just like you mentioned to run Configurator and Monitor in two PCs. Again, you need to configure one of them to Monitor Usage.
And since the default address for NI-FBUS interface card is 16. If you didn't change the default address for the interface and run CM directly, that will have two same address card in the same network. That results in the conflict.
Pleaes try again after the configuration. Thanks.
Have a great day too! :-)
05-22-2012 07:50 PM
I thought I need 2 different desktops to take care of this, but since you
told me how to do it with onlyh one PC, I did it yesterday and it works fine !
now I guess I have to figure out what packet data are really being monitored : )
anyways, thanks a lot ! have a great day !