FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add NI-FBUS to my installer?

I am using an NI USB-8486 and NI-FBUS.  Everything is working fine and now I need to create an installation for the software to be distributed.  Under the "Additional Installers" page NI-FBUS is not listed anywhere.

My USB-8486 came with a DVD containing Communications Manager 4.1.1, Configurator 4.1.1, and Monitor 4.0.2.  I essentially want to run the installer that is on this DVD as part of my installer for the application I need to distribute.

How do I go about doing that?

P.S. I called and talked to an engineer who told me that NI-FBUS also requires NI-DAQmx Core Runtime.  Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,002 Views)

Hi NHibgee,

It's intended that no NI-FBUS shows under "Additional Installer" page of Build Spec property. We do not support this because we didn't think this type of application is best suited for distribution/depoy.

If I understand you correctly, you second question is whether it'll work if you include NI-FBUS installer as part of the app installer you build. The answer is yes. And a user will have to install both NI-FBUS software (Communication Manager) and your installer for your app to work.

For your last question, I don't think NI-FBUS requires NI-DAQmx Core Runtime. Would you tell me on what platform are you running FBUS app?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,992 Views)

We sell flow control valves, some of which use FBUS to communicate.  This application is a tester for production to run tests on the valves before they are shipped.  It will be installed on a lot of computers at our facilities around the globe.  I believe everyone will be using Windows 7, but it is possible some may still have XP.  I can probably put it in the instructions to upgrade to Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,983 Views)