From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Bus v4.0 VB6 API crash on opensessio​n.

I have an application that uses the Visual Basic (VB6) API to F-BUS.

When the install pack for v4.0 is installed the application crashes on open session.

I have tried the VB example project that is located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-FBUS\MS Visual Basic\example and found that this also does the same, clicking on open produces the Microsoft crash report.

I searched through the forums and found that a similar issue was found on v4.1 and a patch is available to fix this issue.

Is there any patch available for V4.0 also? Kindly help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,405 Views)

Please download the attached two files.

Thanks.
Regards,

P.S.1:
1. nifbstd.zip: Unzip this file and copy the dll file to C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for 64-bit machine.

2. VB6_example.zip: Replace the default example in the installation folder.

P.S.2:

This fix has been merged into 4.1.1.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,399 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. I had copied the nifbstd.dll and the also replaced the example as suggested and tried to open a session from the example but i am facing an error which says nifbstd.dll is not found whereas it is available in the location 'C:\WINDOWS\system32'.

Please help me in resolving this error. I am attaching a screenshot of the error i am seeing.

Thanks,

Ram Evani

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,331 Views)

Hi Ram,

This is a 32bit library. If your system is 64bit, try to replace it under c:\windows\syswow64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,324 Views)

Hi Lewis,

My system is a 32 bit machine only. I have Windows Xp SP3 on my machine.

Please help.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(9,320 Views)

Hi Ram,

Please download version 4.0.1 where this bug does not exist. It's a free upgrade from version 4.0.0.

In fact NI-FBUS Communication Manager is free for use and if you only use API (rather than Configurator and Monitor which are paid to upgrade) then you may as well download the latest version 4.1.1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,280 Views)

Hi Lewis,

I had installed the version 4.0.1 and the problem is resolved now. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Ram Sudhir

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,134 Views)