FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I refresh the communication in the configurator?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

while I have couple of devices connected thru Foundation Fieldbus communication, 

I plug off some other irrelevant USB port, like thum drive and etc, all the connections

become disconnected and they won't recover. so I had to close the configurator and even 

the communication manager and re opened the whole program. Sometimes, it does not even 

work with this method so I had to restart the computer. 

Is there any other way to resolve this issue ? something like refresh the communication button so 

I do not have to re-luanch everything. Thank you, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,863 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johnnykoo

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by saying "they won't recover". Do you mean the Configurator cannot get the interface and the device?

For your user case, there are several ways for you to choose.

1. Go to Menu File -> Close. Then File -> Open. You could get all connected interfaces and devices.

2. If the USB is plugged off, the related interface will have a red cross on it. You could select it and press Delete Key to delete. And then press the Add button to add interface after it is connected on.

3. Similar as number 2, you could select the disconnected interface and press the take online button.

If further questions, please let me know.

Thanks.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,862 Views)

Thanks for your solution, I'll try all of them, 

what I meant plugging off USB was.. to be more clear

the usb port has nothing to do with NI-USB or Fieldbus communication at all. 

I just wonder if it is normal that any USB port interruption could affect the FF connection in NI environment.. 

What I'm doig these days, I do not plug in or plug off any other devices (non-FF devices, e.g. thum drive, external USBs) 

druing the FF testing. 

Thank you Chris, 

Best Regards, 

Ilmo 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,860 Views)

If it is not FF related USB port, there shouldn't be any disturb at all.

The Configurator shouldn't be affected.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,858 Views)