FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Servos

We are new to LabView programming.  I've been using the tutorials but still don't understand how to program two servos to run at the same time.  I have configured them with the Tetrix configurator but don't know how to set the positions correctly.  I don't understand what the various boxes mean when I try to set the positions after I've picked the proper servos to be used.  The one box on the upper left hand side of the servo names is blank but has arrows up and down to change numbers.  What is the input for that?  How do I set postions for two servos at the same time?  And what number are used?

Sorry if I'm not making myself clear but I'm so confused right now I hardly know what question to ask.  Can someone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,788 Views)

Robot Rebels,

I created an example program for this  Move Two Servos at the Same time . I've reposted the solution bellow. 

Method 1

This first VI snippet shows how to move two servos to different positions at the same time using two VIs executing in parallel.

Move two servos dif positions.png

Method 2

This second VI snippet shows how we can move two servos to the same position at the same time.  Unlike the example above we can do this with a single VI at a time because we are using an servo array control created by the TETRIX Motor Configurator.  This is the preferred method because it allows for cleaner code that takes up less space on the block diagram. 

Move two servos dif positions-array ctl.png

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,831 Views)

Thank you very much for your information.  It was just what we needed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,831 Views)