FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Constants disappearing again in the Generated code

Hi all,

We seem to be having our motor constatns disappear randomly again from our 'generated code'. The kind of thing that what happening consistently before the Toolkit f1  patch and the NXT Module f3 patch. (ie. the Schematic Editor not linking properly to the code)

When this happens, un-noticed, and we re-deploy (sometimes accidently from the RC Teleop) -- of course many motors just dont work. We address it as a hardware issue, since the untouched software had been working....BUT, lo and behold...it's software. The program changed itself without us ever entering it.

We have entered and exited the project, however. And I'm always nervous when LV indicates it wants me to 'save changes' when none have been made.

Does anyone have a clear undertanding of when/why this is happpening, and how we can avoid it?

Does it have to do with 'vi path' search?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,975 Views)

I decided to completely unistall and reinstall my LabVIEW 2012. I had recenty installed NXT-G 2.1 Education edition when things started to go awry.

It appears that the renewed installation is working better. Although I left the NXT-G in place, if I have continue to see issues I'll completely remove ALL NI products and put only the LVLM 2012 on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,807 Views)