FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP -- Teleop not working with FCS

Okay,

I know this has been an issue but we are having an issue I haven't seen anyone post.  We have a qualifier this weekend and we can't figure what is going wrong.  We have updated to all of the correct versions of LV f5, NXT f3, MCT f1, and FCS v 3.06 but are still having issues.  Here is the problem we are running into.

We build a .vi file (attached) and it works fine during testing.  We are using the remote configuration to generate the .vi.  When we go to Run Program and use the teleop button, everything runs smoothly.  The disable button disables, and the enable button enables and all motors, servos, and buttons function as expected.  Our issue comes when we actually try to run the program through the FCS.  When we start the teleop mode through the FCS, one of our motors starts running immediately and can't be stopped and several of our buttons no longer work.  We are at a loss for what we are doing wrong.

I am attaching the .vi  we are using in hopes that someone can look over it and find an error.  At the time of this post, I am currently trying to run the FCS on the same machine that we write code on, but we close LabView before opening the FCS so I don't think that is an issue.  I am installing the FCS on a second machine just to see but I wanted to get the help request out there as soon as I could.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,739 Views)

This thread addresses the issue, and contains some strategy and troubleshooting tips.It appears to have resolved their problem: http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/showthread.php?2721-HELP-w-Labview-FCS-issue&highlight=labview

It may have been as simple as the controller not having the switch (on the bottom) in the 'D' position.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,209 Views)