FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch Dog not Feed in 2017 Driver Station Message

I am trying to help our programming team with an issue with Labview and Driver Station that I've never seen.

Problem:
We are experiencing a WATCH DOG Not Feed message on the driver station.

From what I have researched, you can choose to use "user" Watch Dogs or not. From what I can tell, our programming student is not using any watch dog VIs in his program. So therefore, "User" Watch Dogs, should be disabled? Is that correct statement?

We speculate maybe this might be another problem. Our programming student is running Labview code "Live" from his PC over the wireless connection to the robot. If his PC is "slow", would this also cause a "Watch Dog not Feed" on the driver station?

Would the solution to this be:
a: Tether or use direct USB cable to run "live" code.
b. Buy a new faster programming laptop for said programming student.
c. Burn the code to the roborio and try again.

So I guess my main question is...does the message Watch Dog Not Feed that replaces where it says "Teleop" mean there is a network lag or is it a programming issues where, the user watch dog is causing problems?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,894 Views)

Hi chris_elston,

Have you tried to deploy the code to the roboRIO to see if the error goes away? 

All your proposed solutions would be a good idea to try (all though the new laptop would be the most expensive).

Are you running the driver station from the programming computer and running the code "Live" from the same computer?

You could try to run the code "Live" using the USB cable or directly connect the programming computer to the the other port on the wireless radio and have another computer connected over the wireless for the driver station. If this works, it would point to either a computer or bandwidth issue. Do you have video streaming from the robot to the driver station?

Also, do you get the error when you run a "basic" program? (Create a new project, fix the motors in begin and see if it still throws the same error) If this works then it would point toward a programming issue. 

I have not seen that specific error, this evening I will do some searching to see if I can find where it throws that error. Is that the exact text that is displayed? Is there a error code?

Let me know if you figure out what is going on.

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,863 Views)