FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access Robot Framework with Game Code

I'm trying to get started with the Kinect and I've installed the files that are under Installation on the [art of the manual called "getting started with microsoft kinect for frc", but the kinect is not detected in the driver station. i also am unable to find the file titled "Robot Framework with Game Code" which i believe may be connected to this problem. where can i get the file or how do i get the kinect detected?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,853 Views)

You also need the Kinect Server for FIRST located here:http://firstforge.wpi.edu/sf/frs/do/listReleases/projects.wpilib/frs.2012_frc_kinect_server  The document linked towards the top of that page gives installation instructions. Post back if you have any issues after installing the server.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,626 Views)

I have completed all the steps in the guide up to How to Use the Default Kinect Code. I can sde the Kinect skeleton in the Skeletal Viewer on the SDK, but it doesn't show up on the Driver Station.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,626 Views)

Are you running the Microsoft SDK examples at the same time- if so close the Microsoft Examples before using with the driver station. What status for the Kinect do you get on the Diagnostics page of the driver station? Does the Dasboard show the Kinect Skeleton?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,626 Views)

the kinect light is red and the kinect skeleton is just a black screen. i am not running any other kinect apps in the background.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,626 Views)

There is no robot framework with game code this year.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,626 Views)

How do I access the Diagnostis page of the driver station?  I cannot find it on Labivew and think I am looking in the wrong place.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,626 Views)

The Diagnostics page is one of the tabs of the Driver Station executable that you run when driving the robot.  For more information on what it looks like and what the different pages mean check out this tutuorial:https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-14705

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,626 Views)