FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't image RoboRIO

I seem to have parts of MAX installed (stuff in the Program Files\National Instruments folder) but there's nothing executable pertaining to it & my start menu search is coming up blank. I've checked another computer with the FRC update, and it didn't seem to have MAX installed either.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,669 Views)

It'll only install to be executable if you installed either the LabVIEW installation or the NI Vision.  If your team is Java or C++ and you're not using Vision, you won't have it.  That's why we generally try to avoid using it if possible with FRC conversations.

By chance, do you have another computer you can try this on?  I'd like to see if it's isolated to the PC or the roboRIO.  We might be able to determine the answer if your team has a second roboRIO as well by trying that roboRIO on the same PC we have the issue on.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,669 Views)

I've installed the FRC LabView update on another machine. Attempting to flash firmware fails with the same error as before ("There was a problem updating the firmware for this device").

I can't connect to the RIO in MAX (It's not autodetecting the RIO, and manually inputting the IP also fails over USB or Ethernet)

wat.png

Trying to image the roboRIO  from the imaging tool (again, on a 2nd computer, tried from Ethernet and USB) throws the same error.wat.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,669 Views)

When you're in MAX, do you see it under devices and interfaces, but just the USB interface instead of being able to modify it?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,669 Views)

Yep! nope.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,669 Views)

Try going to your device manager in Windows and deleting the device there.  Unplug it.  Plug it back in and see if the driver associates correctly.  Does it appear the same in MAX then?

Also, I sent a private message to you here.  I'm not sure how obvious the alerts would be on that.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,669 Views)

I hava the same problem,can you give me some helps?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,482 Views)