Example Code

Hands On Installer

Code and Documents

Attachment

This installer is built to allow .lvzip files to be installed. .lvzip files are created to include files and documentation for hands on sessions. This will register the UnLVZip executable to run when you double click on an .lvzip file. It will take the contents and place them correctly into the Project Template folders.

If you have any issues please leave a comment.

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
GregPayne
on

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the installer.

One thing that might be nice to add is a popup showing that the project has been installed and its location. I had an uninstalled trial version of LV2013 on my PC and the project was initially installed to that directory. It took me a while to find it but got there in the end.

Thanks,

Greg

MikeeB
on

Hi Greg

I have updated it and there is a popup showing you which version of LabVIEW it has installed the package under now.

Mike

muku64
on

I having professional version of Labview 2013, on which it donot install , can you suggest the way by which i can can install into directory.

Thanks

Mukunda

MikeeB
on

You should install this package, and then this will allow you to double click on one of the hands on LVZip files to install them. They will then show up in the Create Project menu of LabVIEW. What do you mean by "it doesn't install"?  Mike

FemiF
on

Hello.

Please I am trying to install the 'installer' but I keep getting the message

Installation Summary

No software will be installed or removed

Please what am I doing wrong?

MikeeB
on

It sounds like it has already installed. Nothing will come up to say it has installed.  Try downloading your required hands on and the double clicking it. It should then pop up showing where it is installing

Mike

FemiF
on

Thanks Mike,

Now, this is what I get when I try to run the hands on

error.png

Hirren
on

re install and don't move folder location

hdmonline
on

Hi Mike,

It keeps showing "It looks like LabVIEW is running. This won't work with LabVIEW running unfortunately. Please try again after closing LabVIEW." But actually the LabVIEW is not running.

Thanks,

Dongmin

jm.arg
on

I have the same issue as @hdmonline. Please advice!

"It looks like LabVIEW is running. This won't work with LabVIEW running unfortunately. Please try again after closing LabVIEW." But actually the LabVIEW is not running.

jm.arg
on

I tried double clicking the lvzip and it worked.

Contributors