Curriculum and Labs for Engineering Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Control Systems with LabVIEW

Description Book Information
    * Includes intelligent control software for LabVIEW™ specially created by the authors to help students practice and apply what they have learned
    * Provides tutor block diagrams (VIs) suitable for the step-by-step teaching of any intelligent control method
    * Takes advantage of LabVIEW™’s range of hardware tools so that the student can work with practical applications of intelligent control
    * Extensive use of examples and end-of-chapter problems (with solutions) will make the classroom experience easier for both tutor and student and encourage self-study

Intelligent control is a rapidly developing, complex, and challenging field of increasing practical importance and still greater potential. Its applications have a solid core in robotics and mechatronics but branch out into areas as diverse as process control, automotive industry, medical equipment, renewable energy and air conditioning.

Intelligent Control with LabVIEW™ is a fresh and pragmatic approach to the understanding of a subject often clouded by too much mathematical theory. It exploits the full suite of tools provided by LabVIEW™, showing the student how to design, develop, analyze, and visualize intelligent control algorithms quickly and simply. Block diagrams are used to follow the progress of an algorithm through the design process and allow seamless integration with hardware systems for rapid deployment in laboratory experiments.

This text delivers a thorough grounding in the main tools of intelligent control:

• fuzzy logic systems, emulating human reasoning processes;

• artificial neural networks, mimicking our ability to learn;

• neuro-fuzzy systems for implementing controller adaptation;

• evolutionary methods, using the ideas of genetic evolution for optimization; and

• predictive methods, giving information about a system’s future behavior.

Intelligent Control with LabVIEW™ facilitates the learning and teaching of its subject by:

• extensive use of worked examples;

• end-of-chapter problems with separate solutions; and

• provision of intelligent control tools for LabVIEW™.

The complete solutions and LabVIEW™ programs are included on the enclosed DVD.

Graduate and senior undergraduate students learning about intelligent control will find great help in this textbook’s easy-to-read style and graphical programming approach. The book will be of material assistance to instructors interested in using LabVIEW™-based teaching when designing a course in intelligent control. Researchers in intelligent systems who employ LabVIEW™ as a laboratory tool will also benefit from its dedicated support for intelligent control.
cda_displayimage[1].jpg_SGWID=0-0-16-661189-0

Authors and Organization:

Pedro Ponce-Cruz, ITSM & Fernando D. Ramírez-Figueroa

Publisher: Publsher
Edition:  1

ISBN-13:  978-1-84882-683-0

Book Purchase Site: Purchase
Official Book Site: Book Site

#
Anita B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Comments
dpga
on

I might be stupid, but so far I can't find the ICTL 'bundled with the textbook'. I find examples and LabVIEW programs on the DVD on the back cover as other sites quote, but not the toolkit.

syafiq
on

I have check with the main author and he confirm that the toolkit is not included with the book.

ErikL
NI Employee (retired)
on

The Intelligent Control Toolkit is now available.

liliang_upc
on

Sorry i can't find the link. It has broken!

wetland
on

Download the materials for the book by going to web site address extras.springer.com. Use search ISBN. 978-1-84882-683-0

Contents down load is 1 GB

Each chapter has a NI license aggreement. At the moment l am wondering if l have to pay for all the examples. I will have to find out from NI what is going on because l was not expecting any fees let alone I see no notice as to what they cost. From a practical point of view you will require the examples to be able to follow the text in the book.

Grant of License. In consideration of payment of the applicable fees to NI, NI is willing to provide you with a limited, non-exclusive right to use the SOFTWARE, but only pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The SOFTWARE is in “use" when loaded into temporary memory (i.e., RAM) or installed into permanent memory (e.g., hard disk, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, network storage device, or other storage device). Unless you have acquired a concurrent use license or as expressly provided under the named user license, floating, concurrent, or shared use is not permitted under this Agreement. The specific use rights granted you are as follows and depend upon the type of license you have acquired:

You can use google to find ICTL. The software at that site is very expensive.

The contents of the book looks good, however l have to find out about license situation before l can use it.

idjifcool
on

Hello! Can somebody tell where can i download ICTL on google. you can send emain to me on idjiwolef@yahoo.com. thank you