Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on-board multifunction DAQ programming ?

I need to make the following sequence a certain number of times : generate a pair of voltages (from a list, or computed from the loop index), make a pause, and finally measure some input voltage.

As I cannot rely on the timing of my VB program (either too slow, or erratic)  to make this step by step, I would like to program this directly on some board, buffer the measurements and, once the measurements are all completed, transfer them to the application.

Which is the best way, and least expensive way to do this, using a (multifunction DAQ) NI card ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,360 Views)

P.S. I have seen there are ways to obtain hardware signal generation and acquisition with the X series multifunction DAQs. However, it is not clear to me how one can obtain both functions in a synchronized way ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,349 Views)

Hi Ornito,

Would you like to program it with LabVIEW and DAQmx drivers? Or other software?

You can have a look on the Getting Started of DAQmx, you will find out some basic programmation tips and other helpful informations : https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/06/getting-started-with-ni-daqmx--main-page...

Indeed, multifunction DAQ card will fit your application and you need to know what is the expected range from your measurements.

Do you have any precise limits (price etc)?

You should contact the sales service of National Instruments in your area, they will be able to suggest some products according to your needs.

Best regards,

Celine
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,338 Views)

Hi Celine,

I preferably use Visual Basic. But we could also make some executables using LabView, if really needed. We do not have strong sampling rate requirements, so I was thinking of NI PCIe-6321 for instance. I just want tomake sure that buffered input and output may be both used in the same sequence. I will certainly contact my local representative - thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,336 Views)

Hi Ornito,

NI PCIe-6321 should fit your needs.

Nevertheless, if your local representative can suggest others products, it's better for you in order to have a largest view for your application.

Regards,

Celine
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,333 Views)