Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multichannel triggered acquisition m series

I'd trying to use an M-Series PCI-6229 card for externally triggered (TTL pulses) measurement of two analog channels. The code works (I measured a 100Hz sine wave with a 10kHz TTL pulse train)  with a single channel, but when I try to measure two channels, I get an error

Error -200019 occurred at DAQmx Stop Task.vi:16

Possible reason(s):
Measurements: ADC conversion attempted before the prior conversion was complete.
Increase the period between ADC conversions. If you are using an external clock, check your signal for the presence of noise or glitches

I've tried changing the buffer size with "DAQmx Configure Input Buffer.vi" and using "DAQmx Wait Until Done.vi" before or after the "DAQmx Read.vi"

Sincerely,

Isaac R

Triggered Mulitchannel Acquisition

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,871 Views)

Hi Ike_R

It seems that the device is not able to handle that sample rate for both channels, the 6229 does not allow simultaneous sampling that means that both channels are sharing the sample ADC and sample clock. Check this link that is related to error -200019 you might be able to understand what I mean from that link.

Also as a comment try to always use the error wires between the DAQmx VIs you can always create the error indicator but the error wire will help you to debug and control the flow of your program if an error occurs.

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,857 Views)