From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock in amplifier

Hi ColeR,

I am working with akodu on the virtual lock-in NI-SCOPE VI. Yes we are using the 2D DBL instance of the NI-SCOPE Fetch VI. We are wiring the the wfm output directly to the PLL; it had been going through a transpose function and then directly into the PLL but wiring it directly did not help the problem.

As for the NI-SCOPE acquisition, the output signal from the PLL appears to be correct. Because of this we don't think there are any acquisition or triggering issues. You can take a look at our VI to see if we are using the reference trigger correctly with NI-SCOPE or if the reference trigger needs to be connected in some way to the lock-in VI's.

As another diagnostic clue that may help, the shape of the direct signal that is displayed on the output along with the lock-in output changes quite drastically when both the sampling rate and min record length are adjusted (within reasonable values for each of course).

Our main question is whether the issues we are seeing are stem from how we are feeding the signal into the lock-in VI's (in terms of rate or other properties of the signal)? What are the requirements of input signals for the lock-in VI's so that they produce output comparable to the input in terms of resolution, etc..?

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely,

dvdj

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(6,241 Views)

Hi

I want to download the NI Lock-In amplifier toolkit for Traditional Daq but I cant find it,

I am a newie.

Thanks

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(5,505 Views)

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to make a lockin amplifier using a NI PXI-4461 card.

The configuration is quite simple :

- the frequency reference is on the analog input AI0

- the signal is plugged on the anlog input AI1

The output information that I want are  :

- Frequency

- R

- Y

- Theta

Do you have any idea ?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,615 Views)

Hi Mars!

Unfortunately, I do not believe that NI ever released a fully supported toolkit to create a lock-in amplifier. Any code that is available for this purpose was written primarily by users as free software. You can find some of this in other links in the forum, such as here. 

Additionally, I would highly recommend you make a new forum topic instead of posting in a post that is over 6 years old. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(3,594 Views)