From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inegratorI need a labview VI to emulate an hp 3396A integrator

I need a labview VI to emulate an hp 3396A integrator

john.collins@sonoma.edu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,306 Views)

Hi John,

I looked on our Instrument Driver Network to see if NI has the driver for this device and they don't. This means that there are no example VIs or the like for this device.

What exactly do you need to emulate? Is it the analog outputs or something else? If it is just the analog outputs, you could use a number of example VIs by going to Help » Find Examples... and then selecting Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx » Analog Generation » Voltage and selecting an appropriate VI. If you need guidance on which to select just give me some more information about what sort of output you would like to emulate.

If you need to emulate something else, could you please give some specific details so that I can see if there is a good example VI to get you started? What data acquisition hardware will you be using? Thanks!

Message 2 of 7
(10,292 Views)

I have a Varian aerograph model 940 Gas Chromatograph hooked up to an HP 3396A Integrator.

What I would like to do is replace the 3396A Integrator with a VI (emulate the 3396A).

I actually have three such setups and it would be great to run all three from the same computer.

I was hoping a VI had been written for the HP 3396A

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(10,285 Views)

Hi John,

Unfortunately there isn't one at this time. If you are interested in writing one I could help you with the basic architecture if you can tell me a lot more about the desired inputs, outpus, and communication protocol (serial, GPIB, etc.) between the other hardware I can help you find an example VI to help you get started that may not be the 3396A in particular but perhaps something similar.  

You can always search for example code or submit your own on our Code Sharing website:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5055

Thanks,

Stephanie

Message 4 of 7
(10,281 Views)

I am trying to immulatye the intigrator running on a Varian aerograph

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,590 Views)

I found this
ChromatographyToolkitManual from Willstein

0 Kudos