cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic low frequency with labview 2010 and agilent 35670a

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Nathanael,

Yes I agree with you, and I verified the jump was caused by values of data measured from the DSA and not the 

DSA graph, thanks again for all the help. As for other question, as you suggested I'll  open a new thread.

Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 56
(2,977 Views)

I'm trying to do something very similar with Labview and a 35670A. I'm having the same problem with a timeout in the Wait for RQS in the ACTN Wait OPC vi. I tried raising the timeout value but that doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure what's happening. If I look at the display on the instrument it appears to rapidly complete the measurement but then the program times out waiting to receive the data. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 56
(2,922 Views)

Hi lowtemp,

Once you increased the timeout on ACTN Wait OPC, did you run your labview program in highlight mode, to see if the program kept the new timeout you set ? Furthermore, did you verify correctly in the sub vi if there was another place where a timeout was set. You can look at the page 2 and 3 of this post forum for information about how a similar problem was solved.

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 56
(2,914 Views)

Hi Eric ,

I am a student working on 1/f noise measurements. Presently I am doing measurements manually. I have same DSA 35670a and labview 2010,2013.. I am a novice to labview. Please share the labview VI if possible. Hope you help me out.

ashish

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 56
(2,821 Views)

Hi Ashish,

unfortunately I don't have the full labview code, since this was part of an academic project. However, you can have a look at my previous posting ( page 1,2, 3) you can have a view of the VIs I used. If you are new to labview, I'll recommand you that you tried some simple tutorial to get an idea of how labview works. In addition have a look at the VIs that are specific for the Agilent 35670, in order to use those Agilent 35670A specific VIs you must have the Agilent 35670A instruement driver (it can be downloaded here: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=015055A2BB3E343CE0440003BA7CCD...

If you want to get information about how to use labview instrument driver, you can have a look at this page: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2804/en/

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 56
(2,801 Views)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for help. which of the example from your earlier post has complete VI for 1/f measurement ? If you could help with almost complete VI it would help me in my MSc project. the download link seems to be broken

dr.akmr[at]gmail.com... thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 56
(2,561 Views)