From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquiring voltage while reading from Agilent 34410A

Hello,

I'm new of Labview and I'm struggling in order to acquire data from an Agilent 34410A DMM and my labview card NI9229. I'd like to collect current levels by the DMM and at the same time to record voltage levels using the normal labview interface (for instance going trough DAQ assistant). Unfortunately, whilst Agilent performs almost in real time its measurements and I get the current levels I desire, I can't do the same for the voltage levels by DAQ assistant.

Attached is a copy of my VI. My final aim is to display as close as possible to the real time current and voltage levels, respectively using Agilent 34410A and labview card 9229.

Any help is kindly appreacieted.

Thank you in advance,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,163 Views)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your post regarding acquiring data from both your Agilent DMM and your NI DAQ card. Having reviewed your code it seems that you have placed a second larger While loop surrounding the entire DMM configuration and setup process, this will reduce the efficiency of your LabVIEW setup as the configration steps only need to be performed once whilst data is continuously read from the DMM during the "Read Measurement" While loop.

LabVIEW can run While loops in parallel to one another, can I suggest you try removing the larger While loop and place your DAQ task in a second seperate While loop. In order to correctly stop both While loop tasks right-click the stop button in the DMM loop and select "Create>>Local Variable" and wire the local variable to the stop condition in your second DAQ while loop, therefore if you press the single stop button both while loops will stop.

Hopefully this assists with your setup Alex, please keep me informed with your progress.

Many Thanks

Jamie S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,159 Views)