From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to convert Old HP Basic Programs to modern method

I have an old HP system and I am running basic, I want to use the same type of program in a more modern program (maybe likelabview of measurement studio). I have wrote this software for 10 years and its one of the bets I have seen for material testing. It does all the calculations for all ASTMS for all materials (metals and composites). I have transfered to HPBVASIC fopr windows and liked that and still use my HP3852 and Vishay 2310's. I was wondering is there a transfer program (like the one I used to use like EZ Transfer) to transfer into something usable these days. It was a blessing going from the old HP hardware to a dos/windows environment, but now its time to upgrade into a more modern software package. I
was thinking about using a laptop vs a desktop (and by passing the IEEE card) and maybe using an A/D PCMCIA card - I am still planning on bringing in a voltage - as I still like the Vishay 2310's, as I have them and they were costly.

SO I would have to talk to my new card (whatever it may be in a laptop) and record the data and do stress analysis (like tensile strength, bending, and modulus on the fly).

Thanks - JJ
latspread@elitefitness.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,378 Views)
I was (actually still am) one of the old "die-hard" FORTRAN programmers. I have decades of code written for spectral analysis that I converted to modern code using the Microsoft Visual Studio Suite. My Visual Studio Suite allows me to program in FORTRAN, C++, and BASIC while allowing me to perform "cross-language" calls. I can build Windows-based applications with just about any language.
Now, for the last three years I have been migrating the code to the C++ language. The only obsticle, so far, is the inability of this "old dog to learn new programming tricks". The benefit of migrating the code to C++ has been the ability to embed the compiled C++ code into LabVIEW as a Code-Interface-Node (CIN). This has greatly improved the utilty of my code development as mos
t of my FORTAN routines have be made into custom VIs. The greatest benefit of converting the code to CINs has been the ability to integrate my "legacy" code with all of the state-of-the-art hardware from NI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,378 Views)