Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronisation Error -89136 with PXIe-1078

Hello everyone,

i have met a problem with my chassis PXIe-1078,  PXIe-1078 works with NI - 6363 Card and 6363 Card connects with SCB-68A box. 

At first I wanna explain my situation. I have built a big data acquisition programm with the functions: Thermocouple data acquisition with AnalogIn, Flow sensor data acquisition with CounterIn, and pressure sensor data acquisition with AnalogIn. For Thermocouple and Pressure Sensor I have to use Onboard Clock tu sample, and I can not use serie curcuit for this two, because of the after work. 

So that means, the best solution will be parallel curcuit, in this way I need to synchronize these two channels. I have seen from user manual of PXIe-1078, 

System Reference Clock

The NI PXIe-1078 chassis supplies PXI_CLK10, PXIe_CLK100, and

PXIe_SYNC100 to every peripheral slot with an independent driver for

each signal.

At first, I made a test with the Synchronisation example from LabVIEW, see pic_1, and I just used defaut value of CLK_100, and I got the error report 89131,

Possible reason(s):

An attempt has been made to perform a route when the source and the destination are the same terminal.

In many cases, such as when configuring an external clock or a counter source, you must select a PFI, PXI Trigger, or RTSI line as the source terminal.

Property: Start.DigEdge.Src
Property: Start.DigEdge.Edge

and if I choosed CLK_10, I got an error report 89136, 

Specified route cannot be satisfied, because the hardware does not support it.

Aber it could not be that, one side tell me, PXIe-1078 supplies CLK10, CLK100, another side tell me: no, hard ware does not support it....

Can anyone give me some tipps? 

Thanks alot.

Minglu 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,846 Views)

Analog Input-Synchronization.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,840 Views)

I know this is old, but if anyone stumbles on this, I found this answer to be helpful. In VS, disabling the PXI Backplane Reference Clock (setting the value to "None") resolved my issue for now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,467 Views)