cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub VI 'DAQ Assistant': Sub VI is not executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi NI Engineer,

My task is to acquire and log Analog Input Voltage data with PCI-MIO-16E-1 and BNC 2110 connector. I can get the signal through MAX, but as soon as I drop down the DAQ assistant from function palette into block diagram in Lab VIEW, my run button becomes broken. I got the error message as "Sub VI 'DAQ Assistant': Sub VI is not executable". How can I overcome this?

Thanks

Dhaya.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(11,583 Views)

Hi Dhaya,

What version of DAQmx do you have installed on your computer? One thing I would suggest is to try using one of our example programs. These could point us to where the problem could be happening. I would recommend the example Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi which is found in Example Finder under the folder Hardware Input/Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Measurement>>Voltage. Let me know what you find.

Regards,

Andrew M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(11,571 Views)

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the example that you mentioned earlier, But when I tried to open the example, my run button in front panel became broken, once I clicked the run button, I got the error as “Poly VI ‘DAQmx Create Virtual Channel.vi’: polymorphic sub VI is broken”.  When I clicked the error, Block Diagram opened and the error highlighted at DAQmx AI voltage Icon.

I will explain in detail about what I did. First I created a virtual channel in MAX, when I click run in MAX, I got the signal (i.e. Sine wave). After I opened LabVIEW 8.5>>Blank VI>> In the Block diagram>>Right click>> Functions Palette>> Express>> Input>> DAQ Assist. In the pop up window, Acquire signals>> Analog Input>> Voltage>> in the virtual tab I chose the virtual channel that I created in MAX>> Once I clicked OK, my run button became broken. When I clicked the run button I got the error as Sub VI is not executable.

Also I tried by right click the DAQ Assistant icon in Block Diagram>> Open front panel >> Convert>> new front panel opened. When I clicked the broken run button in new front panel, I got the same error as I got in example finder i.e. “Poly VI ‘DAQmx Create Virtual Channel.vi’: polymorphic sub VI is broken”.

We have installed LabVIEW 8.5 and LabVIEW Signal Express 2009. For Acquiring and logging data, do we need to install both the software?  Please help me. Sorry for pestering questions. I am new to LabVIEW.

Thanks

Dhaya

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(11,563 Views)

Hi Dhaya,

This is certainly weird behavior.  The first thing we might try is updating your DAQmx driver. Something may have installed wrong or is corrupted.  A link to our latest driver (v9.3) is below.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2337/lang/en

What operating system are you using?

Let us know if the new driver changes anything.  If you are already using 9.3 driver, you may want to try to repair or uninstall the driver first.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(11,558 Views)

Hey Andrew,

As per your advice, I updated my driver and now it works. I get the signal in Lab VIEW. Thanks for your help.

I would like to ask one more question. I tried to launch Signal Express from start up menu, I got a little pop up window which says “Initialization Error: Could not start the application Please contact National Instruments”. What does it mean?

Do we have to purchase a separate license for this or is it a sub application of Lab VIEW?

Should I need this signal express to acquire and log analog voltage data? Help me.

Thanks

Dhaya.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(11,545 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhaya

Hi Dhaya,

Unfortunately, SignalExpress is a different license than LabVIEW. However, you don't need SignalExpress to acquire and log data. LabVIEW has every capability of SignalExpress and far more.

Regards,

Andrew M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(11,537 Views)

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Dhaya

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(11,528 Views)

Hi Dhaya,

You're welcome! Have a wonderful Friday!

Regards,

Andrew M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(11,524 Views)

Hi Andrew,

There attachment with this post i dono why the daqmx switch connect vi is not working when i use it inside any other subvi pls help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(10,815 Views)

Hello,

You should go ahead and create a new forum post to address this problem.

When you make the post, please explain in further detail what you are trying to do with your program and what equipment you're using. 

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(10,773 Views)