Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeding-up the communication between Tektronix DPO2014 and my computer via USB

Hi,

I'm trying to acquire signals from my Tektronix DPO2014 over USB. It is working, though in a way I don't want it to. My goal is to save an ASCII file (or lvm or whatever is simple to read) every ~1/3 of a second containing the whole signal seen on the screen. What I have now is quite different: the line "rolls" through the screen of my oscilloscope, stops at some point (depending on selected timebase) and then saves and the whole thing takes about 1.6s.

I got that result using both Signal Express Tektronix Edition (v.2.5.1) and LabView (2009) with drivers downloaded from here (the first and the third position on the list).

Is there any possibility to get anywhere near to what I want to achieve? I'm new to LabView and will be very grateful for any help.

Best regards,

DK

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,827 Views)

Dear Dariusz,

I was looking over the LabVIEW drivers for controlling Tektronix DPO2014 and it seems that, by configuring the device for autosetup (:AUTOS EXEC;) it sets itself for continous acquisition and works like the way you described.

I would recommend analyzing the instrument control commands and try to configure it so that less data is sent more often to PC which controlls the oscilloscope.

when you execute acquire continous waveform example.vi from the driver it works like you described previously? (more than 1 second break to download the waveform to the PC?)

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,811 Views)

I have the same problem man, 

did you find any solution? I also want to speed up the sampling frequency. I would like to know also how could I measure DC signals as the system just sample the input under some circumstances ( using for example the trigger) and I can't find the way to make the system sample the input (oscilloscope) if DC signal is present.

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,352 Views)