From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling Dynamic Signals Individially

I am creating a multipurpose DAQ that will allow a user to enter information into a configuration file representing the type of instrument used. This being the case I would like to use the DAQ Assistant.VI with no assigned scalings (as they will be changing) but would like to apply a linear scaling to the signals themselves after they come out of the DAQ Assistant.VI. 

My issue is that the Dynamic data type doesn't seem to hold the set of signals in a manner that allows indexing (to use in a for loop). I know that I can split the signals, operate individually on them and then merge them back together. However, for 100 signals this is both tedious and ugly.

Does anyone have any ideas that will allow me to economically apply scalings (non uniform scalings) on N number of signals?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,760 Views)

Hi, 

You can use the Convert from Dynamic Data VI to create an Array of doubles and then aply the scale to this data. You will also be able to use the auto index property of the for-loop. 

Regards,

MCOTO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,729 Views)