Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading refreshed waveforms from (waverunner 6100A) scope?

Solved!
Go to solution
I'm using an oscilloscope (LeCroy) waverunner 6100A and able to get waveforms from it via drivers downloaded from NI.com. But I would like to get a waveform only when a new acquisition happens (not to read the same waveform all the time). How can I do it? There is a 'read single waveform.vi' available on the site, but it doesn't work with AUTO triggering mode (it seems). In the moment I'm reading waveforms in while loop with 'Fetch waveform.vi', but I'm not sure that it reads only 'refreshed'  display...Should I read some (whatever) status registers or there is an existing solution already?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author harley-alex

Hello Harley-Alex,

Alan From LeCroy Tech Support here.  The various Read Waveform VIs execute the "Arm" command, so it isn't for use in Auto or Normal trigger mode. We recommend using this command since it utilizes Single trigger mode, which is the mode to use when you want your program to control when the scope triggers, and thus lets you be sure that you are reading back data that corresponds to a specific trigger event.

If you prefer to run in Auto or Normal mode, you should use the "Wait For Acquisition Complete" VI that is in
the Data/Low Level function palette.  The looks for the "INR" register to show evidence of a new acquisition.

Best Regards,

Alan

--------------------

Alan Blankman, Software Engineer
Teledyne LeCroy
800-425-2000
http://www.teledynelecroy.com
alan.blankman@teledyne.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,439 Views)