From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting of two signals

Hi there !

I am a LabView beginner and I need some ideas to implement my project using LabView.

My project is a tens instalation for car alternators and in the end it should show a plot of rotating speed versus the current given by that alternator.

Considering the hardware section, I want to use voltage/frequency converters. In this way, I can use as "aquisition equipment" a sound card. In other words, I want to convert the speed and current information into frequency modulated signals. The calibration will pe made in the hardware.

Considering the "software section" I need an virtual diagram that take the frequenncy modulated signals from the soundcard and plot them in order to obtain an Rotational speed versus output current diagram.

At the moment I solved the problem o data aquisition by using the Acquire Sound VI and that' left (I think) should be finding and setting a propper plotting VI.

Would you be nice to give me some ideas about dealing with the software section of my project ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,611 Views)

Hello Moxica,

You've posted this question to the Dynamic Signal Acquisition forum but your question seems to be mostly about using LabVIEW to plot data you've already figured out how to take. I would suggest posting your question to the LabVIEW forums in order to bring better visibility to your issue and get information in a timely fashion. 

Jonathan L.
Technical Support Senior Group Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,573 Views)