cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform Multiple Acquisition Tasks Using NI USB 4432

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to perform DAQ tasks of (1) AI Voltage and (2) Accelerometer at the same time using NI USB 4432?

I am trying to program a LabVIEW GUI to read analog voltage and acceleration at the same time using the device. As the nature of the tasks is different, I put two "DAQmx Create Channel.vi" into the same block diagram, with specifying one as "AI-Voltage-Basic" and another one as "AI-Acceleration-Accelerometer". When I run the VI, Error - 50103 pops up to prevent me from running the VI.

Thank you.

SH

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,608 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kedx1tsn

The USB 4432 has five input channels that share the same timing engine which means they will share the same timing and synchronization. The five input channels are all part of the same atomic analog input subsystem on the 4432. Even though the measurement types are different, you can add them to the same task. If you want to process voltage and acceleration differently (for each measurement type), index the channels from the array of acquired channels after your DAQmx Read.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,600 Views)

The following example shows how channels with different measurement types can be added to the same task:

<LabVIEW>\examples\DAQmx\Synchronization\Analog Input - Voltage and Thermocouple in a Single Task.vi

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,599 Views)

I think I made a mistake in programming the block diagram.

I have amended my block diagram in a similar way to the given example, and now the VI works perfectly with no error. I put two "DAQmx Creat Channel.vi" in a parallel configuration previously, which has caused the above problem.

Thanks a lot!

SH

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,577 Views)