From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4472 Acquire+View+log 8-channels 100KHz

When I acquire 8-channel data using PXI-4472 in a 8176 controller,I can only go upto 35kHz with 8-charts, 4- XY Graphs and logging for 5 sec time interval. I'm reading binary data and logging will be intiated only when selected.If I change the display to 8- numeric indicators, then I can go upto 100kHz.
The system is running out of virtual memory when I use charts.Is it becoz the controller has only 4MB VGA memory.Is there any method to improve the performance?
KAliDas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,139 Views)
There are several things you might consider to improve your performance. First of all, updates to the user interface (UI) always take a lot of system resources. Updating 8 charts and 4 graphs takes up quite a bit of processor bandwidth (and memory beacause LabVIEW creates separate memory buffers for each of the charts and graphs). Can you consolidate and use just one chart and/or graph to display multiple channels of data? Another thing to try is to not update the UI as often, perhaps only once every half or one second (or even more). Also sending a smaller subset of the data acquired to the UI would help.

criag
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,139 Views)
Thanks Craig,

I tried sending decimated data to the graphs, but then the decimation operation iself is taking time, since the array size is large.Is there any other efficient method to get the data subset
KAliDas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,139 Views)