Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4462 Fails Self-Calibrate

One of my 86 PXI-4462 Fails Self Calibration.

It had recenlty received an External Calibration at National Instruments because it would not pass the Self Calibrate.

It complains about an invalid AI offset calibration constant.

I wonder what is wrong.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,037 Views)

Hi kmcdevitt,

Does the device pass Self-Test?  When you attempt Self-Calibration, do you disconnect all external equipment?  Are there any unusual environmental factors -- higher temperatures, excessive dust, etc -- that may affect the performance of the device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,019 Views)

I am also getting a Self-Calibrate Error for the NI PXI-4462.  However, it is a different error:  Error Code -50403.  I am running Windows 7 x64.  The PXI-4462 is placed in a NI PXI-1031 Chasis, communicating to the PC via NI PXI-8331 (MXI-4) that is slot#1 of the chasis.  I have never seen this error before.  Can you please help?  Attached is a screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,674 Views)

This is a post from 3 years ago with a different error code.  Please post in a new forum post or create a new service request and call into NI to talk with an applications engineer:

http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,646 Views)

Where do i need to go to post a new thread?  I see no options in the discussions to post a new thread, and can only search.

Edit: Nevermind I found it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,632 Views)

Right Click your chassis and Identify it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,627 Views)

@kmcdevitt wrote:

Right Click your chassis and Identify it.

I have posted a new thread for my topic below:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Dynamic-Signal-Acquisition/PXI-4462-Fails-Self-Calibrate-2/td-p/3366754

There is no option to right click the chasis, KMC.  I can only right click the individual PXI-4462 cards located in the chasis to rename them.

Edit: I was right clicking the PXI-MXI-4 transfer card slot instead of the Unidentified Chasis.  I found it, identified it, but am still getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,620 Views)