Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST PROCESSING

I have ASCII data in .xls file.. it is of 65000 rows and 9 columns...

we have to read that data using LABVIEW from 23rd row and we should plot a grapph between 1st column and 8th column , and 1st column and 9th column. After dat we have to count the number of pulses present in that gragh for these saparate waveforms and maximum and minimum values of each pulses...... Here I am attaching the .xls file too

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(8,251 Views)

Hello,

To read data from Excel, you would want to take a look at the Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office or use ActiveX to read in the data. Once you have the data read into LabVIEW what you are trying to do should not be too hard.

-Zach

Message 2 of 15
(8,237 Views)

Hai ,

I wrote one code for that using spread sheat tool.. I am attaching that here.. please look at that..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(8,230 Views)

Hello,

What part are you having trouble with? I'm not exactly sure why you're using the Delete From Array function instead of Index Array or Array Subset.

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(8,207 Views)
Actually I am new to this.... not sure about that... this is the final task of our project... so, expecting help regarding that...... I am unable to do that...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(8,204 Views)

Hey Avinash,

Were you able to bring the data into LabVIEW using the Read from Spreadsheet VI? As in any programming language, there is no single way to accomplish a task. So, with what you have, were you able to extract that data that you are interested in? As Zach was saying, using the Array Subset VI is another valid way of getting a particular section of your array.

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(8,190 Views)
In array index what should we give the inputs for array and Index? please respond to this.. I will try furthur.. with the previous code I am have problm that, It's not reading the exact column data.. It is reading like 1 2 3 ... to 60000 in X axis
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(8,183 Views)

Hi, Here I have to plot the graph between first column and 8th column in one graph and 1st column and 9th column in another graph. We have read this data from 23rd row,
Hey I am some problm here.. While i am trying to connect Bundle to waveform graph, It is showing error.. please see this attachments here
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(8,178 Views)

Hi,

If you press Ctrl-H, you will bring up the Context Help window.  Once this window is open, you can hover over your broken wire and it will describe why this connection cannot be made.  In your case, you can see that the datatype coming from the source is not the same as the datatype going to the sink. 

block diagram.JPG

The XY graph is expecting a cluster of 2 double elements and a 1D array of double elements.   The image below shows 2 double constants and 1 array constant of doubles being bundled into an array and this does not result in a broken wire.

block diagram1.JPG

I hope this helps!

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(8,160 Views)

Hai,

I have corrected that .vi file please check it once, its not showing the exact input of .xls file and it is showing some unwanted signals, I am attaching the file here

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(8,146 Views)