Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-4461 Temperature Issue

Hi,

I am concerned about the temp. of the 4461 card in my PC, the specification of the card says that the normal operating temp. is 0 to 50C, when i checked the temp. on MAX under the current temp. It's 49C! my room temp. is around 22C, i also assume that when the card starts working and generating signals the card temp. will go even higher! any thoughts on this please.

Thanks

Omran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,893 Views)

Hello techtak

That information MAX displays is not the current temperature, it is the last self calibration temperature.

Self Calibration >> Last Self Calibration Temperature

Your card might be working under 50C, you could perform another self calibration at a lower temp if you want.

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,865 Views)

I would also suggest cleaning your fan filters if you have them.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,862 Views)

Hello Frank,

Thanks for taking the time on this, in fact there is a current temp. monitoring in MAX as you see the attached pic. and the temp. does change depending on the environment around, but I have to restart MAX every time to see the change in temp.! i opened the PC cover and directed a small cooling fan on the card and the temp. dropped down to 40C in few minutes, with the cover open and without a fan the temp only went down to 47 from 49!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,845 Views)

Hello techtak

You are right, that one is the current temp. You should assure its functionality under 50C.

Getting the Current Temperature in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) for Your Device.

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,838 Views)

In MAX, the only thing you should need to do to update the current temp is hit the Refresh button in the toolbar.  I test this using MAX 5.5 and DAQmx 9.8 as a reference.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,826 Views)

Thanks Joshua, I also realized that I can refresh by hitting F5,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,822 Views)