Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 4451 Trigger Line Routing to PFI

I have a PCI-4451 Dynamic Signal Acquisition Card, and I want to trigger an analog input on the 10th occurence of a hardware trigger. I also want to monitor the trigger itself to see if the ten triggers all occur within a specific time interval (i.e. the 10th trigger occurs no more than 10ms after the 1st). I can monitor the AI START TRIGGER line from one of the PFI pins, but the AI START TRIGGER line only asserts on the 10th trigger. I want to be able to look at the other 9 triggers as well. I assume there has to be some lower level trigger signal on the PCI-4451 that gets counted to determine when a certain number of triggers have occured and consequently assert AI TRIGGER START. Is there any way to route this lower level trigg
er line to one of the PFIs (if it even exists)? I've tried but haven't had any luck so far.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,843 Views)
Hello,

For the trigger parameters, if you dig down far enough, you will see that the skip count is interpreted by the DLL itself. Since that step count is used inside of the DLL, there is no user access.

The easiest thing for you to do is use one of the general purpose counters that is on you board. You could use the trigger from your PFI line as the gate of your counter. From here, you would be able to cehck the counter status and see all of the trigger signals. Then, after every 10 triggers, you could route the output of the counter to the AI start trigger, this should accomplish what you want it to,

Regards,

Andrew Mierau
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,842 Views)