From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OverCurrent OpenCurrentLoop detection

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a DSA task with a NI 9234 and NI 9232 attached. I would like to use the OverCurrent and OpenCurrentLoop functions for the channels of NI 9232 (which has this functionality), but since also the NI 9234 is in the same Task I'm not allowed by LabVIEW. Is there another way besides splitting the two card in separate tasks ?

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,974 Views)

"...not allowed by LabVIEW." ?

Does the call to the property node return an error? which error? do you want to share that portion of your code?

channel properties for 9232 and 9234.png

Code above does not return an error with simulated 9232 and 9234 in simulated cDAQ 9178. Code will never return overcurrent or opencurrentloop channels for the 9234. What did you observe with real hardware?

Also, consider your error strategy for the read channel properties. If you get an error on the read status property node, you may want to ignore.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,944 Views)

Hi Doug,

my code is similar with yours.

I don't know the exact error code (out of office for one week) but in the description is says that the property is not supported by the device. I'm using it on an cDAQ-9133 RT target. Works well when when only the 9232 is in the task.

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,938 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex_TS

Curious, but progress.

If I only have the 9234 in the task:

Error -200452 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Read (arg 1) in Untitled 1

Possible reason(s):

Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task.

If I add the 9232 channels after the 9234 channels in the task, same error.

If I go back to my original configuration where the 9232 channels were added to the task first, the code works as expected without error. I can even do goofy things like 9232/ai0, 9234/ai0:3, 9232/ai1, and that works. When you are back in the office, please try configuring at least one of the 9232 channels first in the task.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,936 Views)

Thank you Doug for the suggestion, I will try it in one week. 
Is this a robust solution or something that worked by mistake ?

Regards,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,918 Views)

Thanks Doug.

It works by adding the channels of 9232 first.

Regards,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,877 Views)