Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx Multiple Tasks on one card?

Yes, it is possible. When I run your code I get the results I expected (sinewaves on ai0 and ai1). Below is a screenshot of the acquired data. Did you have a separate VI for acquiring the signals for validation?

Two Sine Waves.PNG

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
Message 11 of 14
(6,458 Views)

One channel of my analog scope broke...  I had thought that these analog equipments outlive digital stuffs, but I was wrong.  Thanks for testing out the code.  I really appreciate that.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(6,452 Views)

This thread was quite informative but outdated. I want to know if anything has changed since 2004 with the ability to run multiple tasks on the same device. I have cDAQ-9188 which can supposedly run 7 different generations/acquisitions at the same time. I also have an NI 9264 analog output module. I had hoped to group a few channels together in one task that generates DC, and also create another task that generates waveform data. So far it claims that the device is busy if I try to run more than one task at once, even though tasks do not share channels. Is a single module still only capable of a single sample rate?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(6,121 Views)

For closure, the short answer is no. Here is a more detailed resource:

How Many Different Tasks Can I Concurrently Run on a Gen II CompactDAQ Chassis?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(4,262 Views)