From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a DSP Card for LabView

I'm looking for a DSP card with Windows-LabView-ready drivers that will sample at 10 MHz. 8 bit resolution should be OK. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,126 Views)
Hi,

Are you looking for a data acquisition card that can sample at 10MS/s. In that case I would suggest you to take a look at PCI-6115.
PCI-6115.

I am curious to know also if you wanted to do DSP on hardware or software. Because with 6115, after you acquire data, you can use the DSP VIs in labVIEW or any DSP algorithm to do further signal processing in software.

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Sastry V
Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,126 Views)
Thanks for your reply, Sastry.

My DSP application will be part of a relatively fast feedback system for confocal auto-focusing and will require a response frequency near the MHz range. To get a nice real-time response, I believe I will need the DSP to be in hardware. In other words, I don't think I can trust windows to respond consistently at a MHz rate. I'm interested in using DSP to provide flexibility in the prototype stage. Otherwise I would start by simply building an analog feedback circuit.

Do you see any obvious problems in my argument? If not does NI make a card that will fit my bill or should I look elsewhere?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,126 Views)