From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LockInAmplifier not working in LabVIEW 8.2.1 with ELVIS

Hi there,

I would like to use NILockingStartupKit.vi but it doesn't work. My LabVIEW is 8.2.1 and my Daq card is 6024E. I connect NI ELVIS as input. The error message is "Error-10410 occured at AI Group Config". I received couple warnings at starting this Vi said "LabVIEW 8.0 changed a constant that was wired to a Case structure to a hidden control to maintain compatibility with LabVIEW 7.1 and earlier". I am wondering if this is cause different version conflict. If yes, how can I solve this probelm by modifying the block diagram or is there any latest Lock-in-amplifier vi I can download and use.

Thank you very much!

Cheers,

nanonfsmw
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,397 Views)
Hi nanonsfmw,

It sounds to me like the VI you're trying to run is calling a Traditional (Legacy) NI-DAQ VI. Do you have Traditional DAQ installed on your computer? If you do, did you select Support for LabVIEW 8.2.1 during the Traditional DAQ installation? I have attached a link to a document containing a newer Lock-In amplifier written for NI-DAQmx. Hopefully you should be able to get this one working without too much trouble.

Multi Channel Count Lock-In Amplifier with NI-4472 and DAQmx

Best regards,

Jordan D
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,384 Views)

Thanks for your reply, Jordan,

I really appreciate this!

Could I have few more questions for you?

(1)I am pretty sure I did install the traditional DAQ drivers when I installed Labview8.2.1, how could I check or how could I activate it?

(2)Thanks for sharing this latest Lock-in-Amplifier VI to me, it is very good. Do you have any manual or documentation to explain how to operate it? I know how LIA works, but I don't find the plot and reference signal controls, eg sine wave, square wave, phase shift, in this new LIA vi, compared to previous NILockInStartup vi. I noticed that I probably can control it on block diagram and just wondering if these functions are already integrated on front panel or I should create it by myself.

Thank you very much and have a good day!

Nanonfsmw

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,373 Views)

Hi Nanonfsmw,

If you want to check what you have installed on your computer, you can look in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) under the Software expandable menu. If you do not see Traditional DAQ in this menu, then it is not installed. If you see it in the menu, but you do not see the VIs in LabVIEW, make sure to Repair/Modify your installation and be sure to add Support for LabVIEW 8.2.1.

Since this is an example program, there is no support documentation. If there are any inputs that you would like to control manually, you are correct in thinking that you should simply create some front panel controls and route them to the appropriate inputs.

Best regards,

Jordan D
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,362 Views)

Thanks for your reply, Jordan,

I really appreciate this!

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,359 Views)

Hello: Is there a Lock-In amplifier application already written for Elvis II+?

Thank you.

jmoya

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,586 Views)

jmoya,

You should be able to use the VI in the link above with the Elvis II+.

Regards,

Sam K

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,575 Views)

OK. It works!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,381 Views)