Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run the piezoresistive accelerometers via 9237 bridge/strain module?

Hi

I want to know the possebility and compatibility of strain/bridge module 9237 with piezoresistive accelerometers. For example my piezoresistive accelerometer has 2800 ohm resistance and need half or complete complition with 10V exicitation and I have decided to buy 9237 module for such accelerometers and my other strain based applications. Let me know any advantages or disadvantage of this selection or any other siutable choices from NI.

Thanks alot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,087 Views)

Hi,

for piezoresistive accelerometers NI recommends devices that provide IEPE. (see http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7254). For the c series these are the 9233, 9234. Is there are a special reason why you chose the 9237?

Kind regards

Carsten

NI Germany

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,063 Views)

Hi,

Actually, I mainly have strain based applications and I have chosen 9237 for those applications, but I'm so interested to know can I run my piezoresistive accelerometers such as 7264  (Endevco) that needs constant voltage source (up to my knowledge the IEPE Sensors need constant current sources) and half bridge completion with 10V excitation and according to the specification mentioned in the data sheet has 2800 ohm input resistance and also needs the shunt calibration (Exactly the same as strain gauge). I attached the 7264 datasheet.

Best Regrads

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,058 Views)

Technically, there is no reason why the 9237 couldn't be used with this sensor. The only thing that isn't specified in the datasheet is how well-balanced the output of the sensor is relative to the excitation. With 2800ohms of impedance, the implication is that each leg of the bridge is nominally 1400ohms. Assuming this is the case, the measurement range of module will be +-250mV from the mid-point, with 10V of excitation. It looks like the sensor has a larger range than this, potentially, so that would be my only other concern.

-Logan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,048 Views)