Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need drivers for Polytech Vibrometer OFV-5000 to acquire data using LabVIEW 10

I am using LabVIEW version 10.0f2, but I said ver 8.6.1 since mine wasn't there in the dropdown. I am new to Labview, but am trying to catch up fast since I think it is an absolutely amazing software. I use a Polytech Vibrometer OFV-5000 to measure displacements and velocities in the  micro/nano lab, and wanted to acquire data on the PC via a RS232 cable. I needed my device drivers for the same. LabVIEW has drivers for Polytech Vibrometer OFV-3001, but they won't work for my model. Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(9,908 Views)

Hello,

It does not look like we have a driver for that device in the Instrument Driver Network. You can still us LabVIEW to program it, but you will need to use VISA calls for your device. You will also need to consult your user manual to look at the commands needed for your device. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Adam G 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(9,901 Views)

Well, as far as I know the Polytec-Controller, you can control the unit, set and read the setup (filter, ranges, laser on/off etc) values and the command set is in the manual.

Reading the velocity/displacement values seems not to be possible via RS232, only with S/P-DIFF Digital out. (The RS232 is slow and async , doen't make much sense unless you have a lot of memory in the controller 😉 ) usually you use the analog output and do the trigger/sync with your DAQ hardware

Have you asked polytec for a driver? I know they work a lot wiht NI hardware ...

We have a bunch of vibrometers, however since we (need to)  use it as a primary standard, we do the decoding of the heterodyne signal by our own ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(9,882 Views)

I have a OFV-5000 and I read the velocity via the analog signal on the BNC front panel.  If you have the VD-06 then you can use the SPDIF otherwise you are stuck with analog.  You can also access many operating parameters via the activex libraries that come with the PSV software.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(9,309 Views)

Hello everyone,

I use the vibrometer PDV 100 from Polytech and try to convert the SPDIF signal with LabView.

I read you have made a VI wich can convert the digital signal. Can I access to it?

I have only found SPDIF converter coupled with FPGA system wich are useless in my case.

Thank for you help

Laurine

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,320 Views)