Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to AO signal continuously

Now I can use 4461 to AO signal continuously, but the structure of the program is based on the while loop.So if I want to stop the generation,I must click the "stop" control on the front pannel.What I really want to know is if there is a method which isn't based on the while loop,thus when I run this vi, it can generate signal continuously.Because this vi isn't based on the loop, 4461 can still generate signals even though I closed this vi.And if I want to stop generation, I can run another vi to stop the generation. It will be better if there exists such a method. So I can program using TestStand. One step is signal generation, and next several steps will stop the generation.

Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,830 Views)
I haven't found a way to do it yet. To get the hardware to run, you have to create and run a task. Unfortunately, the tasks are only 'alive' as long as the VI that ran them is running. If you took advantage of the card's memory and used regeneration, I couldn't see a reason why you needed to have a VI running to keep the output going. I ended up using a producer-consumer program structure with the AO stuff as the producer loop and the acquisition contained in a state machine consumer loop using queues to pass commands and data back and forth. It works quite well.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,217 Views)