From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use NI DSA cards with a laptop ?

Hi,

I wish to use NI DSA cards (4472, 4451 and 4551) with a Laptop to create a portable NVH system.

Is there a solution which lets me use these PCI cards on a Laptop?

Best regards,
Gurdas
Gurdas Sandhu, Ph.D.
ORISE Research Fellow at US EPA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,422 Views)
Gurdas,

A company called "Magma" is providing CardBus to PCI extensions so that you can use a PCI board with a laptop - Their website is :
http://www.magma.com/index2.html

I've been successfully using one of this 2 slots chassis in the past.

I would be interested in learning more about your portable NVH measurements system - Could you please contact me on my professionnal email (gerald.albertini@ni.com) so that we can figure out a way to help you as efficiently as possible with our DSA line of products ?

Thanks !

Gerald
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,422 Views)
Hello Gurdas,

I use the PXI-4472 with my Dell Laptop by placing it in a PXI-chassis and running an embedded controller with an ethernet connection. In addition, Dolch provides a couple of models of industrial portable computers with PCI slots. Also Dewetron provides a ruggedized computer with PCI-4472s already installed. Dolch and Dewetron are located at www.dolch.com and www.dewetron.com.

I am also interested in what the application is. Is the measurement be made on a rotating machine or engine. We do have some excellent routines for tracking frequencies and such for rotating machinery analysis. I also have some good datalogger examples.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Sincerely,

Preston Johnson
preston.john
son@ni.com
Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,422 Views)