From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finite sound input does not return all requested samples

I apologize if this is a duplicate post - I searched but could not find a relevant discussion.

I am running the "Finite Sound Input.vi" from the example code.  When I configure a specific sample rate, and then request that number of samples (1-second of acquisition), I only get 3/4 of the requested samples.  For instance, a configuring a sample rate of 22050 and requesting a read of 22050 samples only returns 16536 samples with a sample time of 0.75 seconds with no timeout on the read.

I have attached my code.  How can I configure these vi's to yield the desired rate / samples / time, etc.

Windows 7, LV2009f3, Thanks,

-cb

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,570 Views)

Hello!

Unfortunately, the behavior you're seeing is a known issue (CAR ID# 124783) that our R&D department is currently working on. The problem is due to lvsound2.dll returning only 75% of requested samples.

At this point, the only known workaround is to use the lvsound2.dll file from LabVIEW 8.2 or earlier (which does not have this issue). (The dll is located in <Program Files>\National Instruments\<LabVIEW>\resource\).

Alternatively, would it be possible for you to request 25% more samples than you need? I know it's not a pretty workaround, and I wish I had better news for you.

Message Edited by charris on 04-21-2010 07:31 PM
Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,547 Views)

Thanks Caleb,

Goofy problem - at least I know it was not my code-writing or hardware!

-cb

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,538 Views)