From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code -200103

Trying to interpret this error code.  Can't seem to find it in any of the standard NI error code documentation.

Getting the error code when we try to sync two channels of output on a PXI-4461 device.  Outputs will operate for a short period of time, then quit and issue this error.  The VI that the error is coming out of is a VI that was developed to have multiple PXI-4461/4462 devices that are running simultaneously all operate off the PXI chassis clock rather than their own clocks.

Does that provide anybody enough information to help me interpret the error code?

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,418 Views)

Hello Jeff,

The error you are getting is mostly likely associated with this explanation “The Number of samples to write must be the same for every channel.” To better assist the issue could you post a snippet/screenshot of your code that reproduces the behavior you are seeing?

In case you haven’t run across this in your search, I wanted to point you towards this knowledgebase article, and community example which demonstrate how to synchronize DSA 446x devices.

Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,408 Views)

Izzy -

Thanks for your reply and the error message interpretation.  I've sent the info you provided over to my programmer for his reference. 

I'm an NI VAR and I'm working with one of m clients that's getting this error code and actually, we' don't think it has anything to do with our software.

The code we're using to sync the devices was developed for us by one of the guys over at NI in the DSA group and it's running on quite a few systems, including two development systems I have over here.  It runs fine on multiple output channels of multiple boards.

But, I have a system in the field that's getting that error code any time they try to run more than one output channel on either of the two PXI-4461's they have in their system.  If they run one output on one board, the code runs fine.  If they attempt to run two outputs on one board, the outputs run for a little while, and then they cutoff and this -200103 error code is generated.

Normally, I'd think that was some kind of a hardware issue, and it may be.  But, they have 2 each PXI-4461's out there and it happens on either board, so I'm a bit hesitant to think its the boards.  Or maybe it's the chassis, but everything runs fine in single channel

The system is installed in a military installation and they've got their computers so locked down I can't VPN in and look at the system.  Before I told them to pull the chassis and sent it in for RMA, I wanted to understand the error message and see if that provided us any clues.

Does anything else I'm telling you about this sitatuion ring any bells with you?

Jeff Schmitt

ViAcoustics

Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,403 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Sorry to say but this situation does not ring any bells. I am going to run through some of the DSA examples on my end to see what could cause the issue. Just to clarify does everything run smoothly if they run two outputs one on each board? Do you know how long it runs for before it throws an error? Although you mentioned that this is not a software issue I just want to rule it out. Is the application you are running and the one being run out in the field identical? Are they also using the same settings that you are using on your end to troubleshoot this?  I will be in touch with you if I run across anything that resembles the issue you were seeing.

Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,380 Views)