cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello friends,

I have a task of acquiring continuous samples from two C series-NI9215 cards mounted on cDAQ-9171. The technique available on

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-DAQmx-Examples/Synchronize-Continuous-Acquisition-of-Multiple-Analog-Inpu...

does not include for the case for C series. Can somebody please help me regarding this. It would have been better if the logic behind using these blocks is also exlained as I'm a beginner in data acquisition.

Thank you all in advance,

Gajanana Abhyankar B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gajanana

If both 9215 modules are in the same chassis, your code may be much simpler than the referenced example. When you want the same sample rate, synchronization of multiple channels can be as easy as adding the channels to a single task. Use the DAQ Assistant to try it out; then, 'Open the Front Panel' on the generated code to see how the channels were all added to the task.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
Message 2 of 7
(6,144 Views)

OK fine. I have a cDAQ-9184 chassis. Is that OK if I mount a C-series NI9215 card on the same. Because the default cDAQ-9171 chassis has only one slot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,138 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gajanana

Install/configure your 9215 modules in your cDAQ-9184 chassis, and you should be able to add all the channels to a task.

Default cDAQ-9171? If your application requires hardware synchronization, you do not want to use a conglomeration of single-slot chassis. Is this simulated? By the way, simulated devices are great, but synchronized application is best verified with real hardware.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
Message 4 of 7
(6,119 Views)

I will try. Thanks for the solution

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,100 Views)

Yeah, I mounted both NI9215 cards on cDAQ-9184, also added all 8 channels from both cards as a single task. But unable to synchronize. Is there a solution for this..?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,096 Views)

Here is what I see when running a shipping example with two 9215 modules installed in the same cDAQ-9174:

Synchronized 9215 devices in 9174 chassis.png

No modifications were required/made to the shipping example code.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,085 Views)