From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading 6254 calibration data (how to?)

Using: RTX, PCI-6254 and DDK

I think i've found the cause of my problems with reading inputs (which all return -0.003v).

When I init my card its never been touched by any driver before I start tinkering with it. As in it is untouched from power up. Now as I beleive is the case, NI-DAQ loads the factory calibration data from the EEPROM to the user calibration area to account. I know that I don't do this in my driver as I've written it from scratch. I've been doing some research in this area and it looks like its dangerous to do writes to EEPROM without a value map and write function, which I have neither of.

If someone could provide me with the EEPROM map for the PCI-6254 and a function to write to the EEPROM on the said card i'd be very greatfull. Or even better, if someone could provide code which loads the factory calibration data into the user calibration data area that would be even better

Thanks in advance.

John
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,641 Views)
For anyone else running into problems using the MSeries 625x devices, the problem described here is caused by the adcReset function. Check out the following post for details: inputs return minimum value

Diego
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,612 Views)